Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Frittata
The frittata will be easier to remove from the skillet if it sits for a few minutes—the top will deflate, and the edges will pull away from the pan.
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ pounds fresh Spanish chorizo or hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Mix in ½ cup cheddar; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium heat. Add onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and chorizo is brown, 6–8 minutes. Add broccoli rabe; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8–10 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to low and pour reserved egg mixture over vegetables. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until edges are just set, 10–12 minutes. Top frittata with remaining ¼ cup cheddar; broil until top is golden brown and center is set, about 4 minutes longer.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
- DO AHEAD: Frittata can be made 2 hours ahead. Let cool, then cover.
Recipe by Duane Sorenson, Photos by We Are The Rhoads
YOUR DREAM AWAITS!
A wonderful dish that can be found only in Italy! Always wanting to go to Italy and experience the Amalfi Coast or Pompei? Come with the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce on a trip of a lifetime! Visit WWW.WDCCTRAVEL.COM
or click on the "Italy Trip
" tab through our website and see how an incredible adventure awaits! Our chamber will be visiting: Naples Sorrento Pompeii Capri Amalfi Positano Ravello
Rich in culture and stunning scenery, irresistible Southern Italy is the setting for this breathtaking journey. Enjoy an eight-day journey back to the old country where you will explore not one, but many Italies. As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, find yourself relaxing in the town of Sorrento or sight-seeing along the Amalfi Coast, which includes gorgeous places such as Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. On this remarkable trip you will also encounter the world famous archeological site of Pompeii. The beautiful Amalfi Coast awaits you with its great food, historical sites and beautiful architecture, providing an unforgettable Italian experience. Click here for more information!