NewsAuthentic Italian Recipe: Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe - Found in Italy!
Authentic Italian Recipe
Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups grated Pecorino Ramano cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Scoop out some of the cooking water and reserve. Drain spaghetti.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spaghetti and Pecorino Romano cheese. Ladle in 1/2 cup of reserved cooking water; stir until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Add more cooking water until sauce coats spaghetti, about 1 minute more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute butter for the olive oil if preferred. For a thicker or thinner sauce, adjust how much pasta water you add. If you add too much water, add some more cheese.
- I have added other ingredients depending on my main dish to enhance flavors (like pancetta); I always experiment when creating food.
Per Serving: 806 calories; 36 g fat; 87.8 g carbohydrates; 31.6 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 633 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Jennifer Torrey-Manning
YOUR DREAM AWAITS!
A wonderful dish that can be found only in Italy! Always wanting to go to Italy and experience the Amalfi Coast or Pompei? Come with the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce on a trip of a lifetime! Visit WWW.WDCCTRAVEL.COM
or click on the "Italy Trip
" tab through our website and see how an incredible adventure awaits! Our chamber will be visiting: Naples Sorrento Pompeii Capri Amalfi Positano Ravello
Rich in culture and stunning scenery, irresistible Southern Italy is the setting for this breathtaking journey. Enjoy an eight-day journey back to the old country where you will explore not one, but many Italies. As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, find yourself relaxing in the town of Sorrento or sight-seeing along the Amalfi Coast, which includes gorgeous places such as Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. On this remarkable trip you will also encounter the world famous archeological site of Pompeii. The beautiful Amalfi Coast awaits you with its great food, historical sites and beautiful architecture, providing an unforgettable Italian experience. Click here for more information!