NewsAuthentic Italian Recipe: Ultimate Caprese Salad - Found in Italy!
Authentic Italian Recipe
Ultimate Caprese Salad
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
- 7 tablespoons (or more) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 pounds mixed medium and large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut into thin slices and/or wedges
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or mozzarella, room temperature, torn into pieces
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Small basil leaves and toasted country bread (for serving)
- Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with salt.
- Arrange tomato slices on a platter, slightly overlapping; season generously with salt. Arrange mozzarella over tomatoes; lightly season mozzarella with salt. Spoon cherry tomatoes over salad and drizzle with 6 Tbsp. oil; season with pepper. Let stand 30 minutes to let flavors meld and release juices from tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Top salad with basil and additional salt and oil, if desired. Serve with bread alongside.
Recipe by Rick Martinez
YOUR DREAM AWAITS!
A wonderful dish that can be found only in Italy! Always wanting to go to Italy and experience the Amalfi Coast or Pompei? Come with the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce on a trip of a lifetime! Visit WWW.WDCCTRAVEL.COM
or click on the "Italy Trip
" tab through our website and see how an incredible adventure awaits! Our chamber will be visiting: Naples Sorrento Pompeii Capri Amalfi Positano Ravello
Rich in culture and stunning scenery, irresistible Southern Italy is the setting for this breathtaking journey. Enjoy an eight-day journey back to the old country where you will explore not one, but many Italies. As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, find yourself relaxing in the town of Sorrento or sight-seeing along the Amalfi Coast, which includes gorgeous places such as Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. On this remarkable trip you will also encounter the world famous archeological site of Pompeii. The beautiful Amalfi Coast awaits you with its great food, historical sites and beautiful architecture, providing an unforgettable Italian experience. Click here for more information!