Authentic Italian Recipe
Finishing this risotto with Tomato Water in place of stock gives it a pure, bright tomato flavor.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Tomato Water
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 6 Oil-Poached Tomato halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup water and cook, stirring often, until water is absorbed. Continue adding water by ½-cupfuls, stirring often, until rice is tender but still firm to the bite, 20–25 minutes. (You may not need all the water).
- Mix in Tomato Water, butter, and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring often, until liquid is mostly absorbed, about 2 minutes. Mix in Oil-Poached Tomatoes.
- Serve risotto topped with more Parmesan.
Recipe by Michael Anthony, Photo by Gentl Hyers
YOUR DREAM AWAITS!
A wonderful dish that can be found only in Italy! Always wanting to go to Italy and experience the Amalfi Coast or Pompei? Come with the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce on a trip of a lifetime! Visit WWW.WDCCTRAVEL.COM
or click on the "Italy Trip
" tab through our website and see how an incredible adventure awaits! Our chamber will be visiting: Naples Sorrento Pompeii Capri Amalfi Positano Ravello
Rich in culture and stunning scenery, irresistible Southern Italy is the setting for this breathtaking journey. Enjoy an eight-day journey back to the old country where you will explore not one, but many Italies. As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, find yourself relaxing in the town of Sorrento or sight-seeing along the Amalfi Coast, which includes gorgeous places such as Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. On this remarkable trip you will also encounter the world famous archeological site of Pompeii. The beautiful Amalfi Coast awaits you with its great food, historical sites and beautiful architecture, providing an unforgettable Italian experience. Click here for more information!